How can sustainability professionals navigate the jungle of sustainability techniques and change processes? How do we know when to apply them successfully?
Learn a proven set of tools for helping individuals and organizations lead on sustainability.
The VISIS Method — which stands for Vision, Indicators, Systems, Innovation, Strategy — is a powerful open-source approach to sustainability and sustainable development in practice. The AtKisson
“Accelerator", a toolbox built on the architecture of VISIS, is a proven set of workshop, training, and analysis tools for getting groups and organizations oriented to sustainability; facilitating collaborative learning and planning; and helping sustainability “change agents” to be better ambassadors and leaders. “Accelerator Lite” is a free version, appropriate for educational and non-profit use; “Accelerator Pro” is the version used by consultants and in-house change leaders on sustainability. Both VISIS and Accelerator have spread to many countries, with decades of experience behind them.
In this self-guided workshop, you will get a full introduction and virtual training in the use of these tools and methods by lead developer Alan AtKisson (an inductee in ISSP’s Sustainability Hall of Fame). AtKisson will explain the theory behind them, walk you through how to use them, and provide you with case studies and examples.
- Learn the background behind VISIS and Accelerator, so that they are well grounded in the theory behind the application
- Get instruction on how to put these tools and methods to work in a practical context
- Get exposure to case studies and “behind the scenes” stories on how these tools work
- Consider sustainability transformation processes in general: key challenges, strategic approaches, lessons learned
- Understand how to integrate these tools with other sustainability frameworks, principally the 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agreed to by all nations in 2015
Alan AtKisson has over 30 years of experience in sustainable development and has advised many governments, companies, global NGOs, and the United Nations. He is the author is six books, most recently Parachuting Cats into Borneo - and other lessons from the Change Café, with co-author Axel Klimek . For details on Alan’s background and current work, see AlanAtKisson.com
PRICES & CREDIT
- ISSP Member: $30
- Non-Member: $75
Successful completion of all workshop requirements will earn a passing grade and an individualized Certificate of Completion, along with 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.